Codes, Guidelines and Policies
Code of ethics
The Board has adopted the Australian Psychological Society Code of Ethics for the profession.
The Psychology Board of Australia has developed various guidelines to provide guidance to the profession. These also help to clarify the Board’s views and expectations on a range of issues.
- Guidelines for supervisors and supervisor training providers (495 KB,PDF), Word version (276 KB,DOC)
- Guideline on professional indemnity insurance for psychologists (506 KB,PDF)
- Guidelines for mandatory notifications (426 KB,PDF)
- Guidelines on continuing professional development (502 KB,PDF)
- Guidelines for advertising of regulated health services (464 KB,PDF)
- Guidelines on Psychology area of practice endorsements (216 KB,PDF)
- Interim guidelines for 4+2 internship program provisional psychologists and supervisors (383 KB,PDF)
- Guidelines for the National Psychology Examination (721 KB,PDF), Word version (249 KB,DOCX)
The Psychology Board of Australia has developed polices to provide guidance to the profession. These policies are to be read in conjunction with the relevant Codes and Guidelines.
Policies for the 4+2 internship program
Policies for higher degree students
Policies for the registrar program / area of practice endorsement
Network outage: Due to network outages outside our control, AHPRA’s phone services were unavailable on Thursday 12 December 2013 between 9.00am and 10.00am. We sincerely apologise if you were unable to contact us at this time. Services have now been restored and you can contact the customer service team on 1300 419 495.